LED Survey Reveals We've All Got Work to Do
Recently we asked our Facebook followers a few questions on LED Lighting – and a big thank you to everybody who took the time to complete the survey! So we got the results back and have found some really interesting things.
The key things we found being:
- Most people understand that LED lighting can save you money
- Initial cost was a barrier to some people
- Underestimating the savings was also a common problem for people
- Not knowing where to start searching was also a hindrance
So some of those things we kind of expected to find – but the take home point for us (dare I say the ‘Light Bulb’ moment) has really been the difficulty people have in knowing what replacement led they need and how to find it quickly.
The survey revealed that:
- 67% of consumers know LEDs will reduce the cost of their energy bills but many people don’t know how to take the first step to install LEDs.
- 39% of people wouldn’t know what to enter into Google if searching for LED replacement lighting for the home.
- 28% of the people surveyed didn’t know that LED lighting could be used in the home at all.
Although LED lights have been available online for some time, not having the information needed to choose and fit the correct bulbs at point of purchase is a major stumbling block for consumers to overcome.
Most of us have busy days so spending hours looking online is not practical and as an industry, we have underestimated this.
So we need to do more for our customers and are making plans to help our customers buy the right led, quickly and conveniently.
Thanks again to everyone who participated in the survey. If you would like to see the results of our survey, checkout the infographic below or click here.