Fluorescent Tube Advice
Fluorescent Tube Advice
Shop our Range of Fluorescent Tubes Here
Handling and Recycling
Fluorescent tubes need to be disposed of correctly as they contain hazardous mercury. In this section you can find out more about how to handle and recycle tubes safely, including our fluorescent tube recycling guide for the largest cities in the UK.
This section will answer the following common questions:
- Where can I recycle fluorescent tubes? Our guide to fluorescent tube recycling shows you the best places to recycle your tubes, including detailed guides to recycling in London, Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester.
- How can I replace and recycle fluorescent tubes safely? Find out how to recycle fluorescent tubes without damaging your health or the environment.
- How can I be sure the fluorescent tubes I order from LampShopOnline will arrive safely? This handy guide to how we pack our bulbs will give you all the information you need.
We also cover the following topics in the Handling and Recycling section:
You can find out more about the Health and Safety Executive’s Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Recycling regulations here.
Installation and Troubleshooting
If you’re unsure about how to install a fluorescent tube, what a ballast is or what wattage you need then this section provides easy to follow technical advice.
You can find simple solutions to common issues with fluorescent tubes, including answers to the following questions:
- What is a ballast for fluorescent tubes and how do I replace it? In our complete guide to ballasts you can find out more about what a ballast is and what it does and how to replace a ballast safely.
- How do I install a fluorescent tube? This quick guide will teach you how to change a tube safely and quickly.
- How can I fix a slow to start, flickering or faulty fluorescent tube? If you have a problem with your fluorescent tube then this page will give you all the help you need to fix it.
- How do fluorescent tubes work? Find out how fluorescent tubes create light in this guide.
We also cover the following topics in the Installation and Troubleshooting section:
Fluorescent Tube Brands
LampShopOnline stock bulbs from well-known brands – here you can find out more about the brands behind the bulbs we stock, including information and advice on GE, Osram, Philips and Sylvania.
Fluorescent Tubes FAQs
Straightforward answers to some of the most common questions on popular fluorescent tube types.
LampShopOnline is a specialist lighting company based in West Yorkshire. We hold vast stocks of almost every bulb and lamp from the leading manufacturers of GE, Philips, Osram, Sylvania, Crompton and Venture.
We also stock control gear and emergency lighting products from the following major brands: Tridonic, Helvar, Thorn, Mackwell, Orbik, BAG, Liteplan and Emergency Lighting Products (ELP).
If you have any questions or would like to make an order please call 0113 8876270